- Customer and Market Systems and Analysis
- Global Business
- Organizational Leadership and Corporate Citizenship
- Process and Value Stream Management Systems
- Strategic Planning Systems
- Master of Business Administration (Graduate)
- PharmD/MBA (Graduate-dual)
- Advanced Studies in Business Intelligence (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Design and Innovation Management (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Incident Response (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Lean Systems and Leadership (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Performance Metrics (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Project Management (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Supply Chain Management and Lean Logistics (Graduate-certificate)
- Online with weekends
Contact a program advisor
Our innovative learning environment combines online education with the opportunity to engage in traditional face-to-face instruction.
This program combines a strong core curriculum focused on key business competencies with deeper learning in a specialty the student chooses. Students can prepare for careers or advancement in many fields, including health care, manufacturing, sales, and more. The core courses develop team and management skills to improve organizational performance in accounting, finance, leadership, strategy, economics, statistics, marketing, legal, the global environment, information systems, and operations.
Students can tailor their educational experiences to their individual professional interests by choosing one of our specialization areas: Project Management, Lean Systems and Leadership, Business Intelligence, Performance Metrics, Design and Innovation Management, Supply Chain Management and Lean Logistics, and Incident Response. Our advisors can also work with a student to design an individualized concentration.
Students may begin the program any semester, can complete the program entirely online, and can adjust their course load in response to changing professional or personal demands. Full-time students can complete the degree in 24 months, accelerated students in as few as 16.
A student-designed consultancy project enables students to produce real business research under the direction of qualified faculty.
In addition to existing regional and state accreditation, this program will qualify and renew ACBSP professional accreditation in 2019.
Want more information? Call us at 231.591-2972 or email us at AlexanderManga@ferris.edu.
New & Noteworthy
Master’s in Business Administration Info Sessions This September
August 8, 2017
Ferris State University College of Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) Director, Alexander Manga will be conducting two MBA Info Sessions this September to provide answers to any questions one may have about the program. These information sessions will cover… Read more »
Alison Popp and Lisa Eshbach Earn Faculty Excellence Awards
March 10, 2015
The College of Business recently recognized two outstanding professors with the Sytsma Award for Faculty Excellence. Designed to “promote, encourage, recognize and reward faculty performance, excellence, and improvement,” this award comes with a $500 grant made possible by a gift from… Read more »
Economics Professor’s Essay Wins Austrian Award
January 22, 2015
An essay by Economics professor Dr. David Hebert has won first prize in the 7th International Vernon Smith competition, sponsored by the European Center of Austrian Economics Foundation (ECAEF). The competition is open to economists under 30; the goal is… Read more »
Online Graduate Business Programs Recognized by U.S. News and World Report
January 18, 2013
Ferris State University’s online graduate business programs rank among the nation’s best, according to U.S. News and World Report’s Top Online Education rankings. Ferris ranked 54 out of 213 schools listed in the prestigious news magazine’s report released this week. The College of… Read more »
Completed the free on-line application at ferris.edu/admissions/application
To be considered for admission to the MBA Program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a four-year Bachelor degree or higher degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resume
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining reasons for seeking admission into the MBA program. Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our program and are familiar with and prepared for on-line or mixed delivery courses. You should also explain what factors have influenced your decision to pursue an MBA, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
- Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
- GMAT or GRE test scores. A formulated composite score of GPA and GMAT or GRE test scores will be used along with other required documents to arrive at an admission decision.
- (Written Requests for Waiver of GMAT/GRE test requirement will be considered if applicant has completed a previous Master’s or terminal degree, or has significant leadership experience).
- Applicants who have not earned a “C” grade or better in Accounting, Economics and Marketing within the last five years must successfully complete approved foundational course(s) with a grade of B or better prior to enrollment in MBA courses.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Copy of identification page(s) of your passport.
- Confidential Financial Statement signed by you or your sponsor.
- Original official bank statement from you or your sponsor representing funds for at least one academic year.
- Proof of English proficiency (provide one of the following)
– TOEFL score of 70 on Internet based test with no score in the low, weak, or limited range, and a writing sub score of 22 or higher
– IELTS score of 6.5 with writing sub score of 6.0 or higher
Application Due Dates
- February 15 – for starting summer semester in May
- June 15 – for starting fall semester in August
- October 15 – for starting winter semester in January
- The application alone is not sufficient to meet required deadlines.
- When all required materials are received, the application file will be considered complete. The MBA Application Review Committee will review only complete application files, and notify applicants by email of the admissions decision.